A Sick Day: What I learned while sitting in bed.

Though there are many things that must get done, I am in bad shape with no voice and little energy.

I decided to spend the day sleeping and conduct a little business from bed (we now have internet at home).

Here are some interesting things that I found:

Chile has a fledgling LiDAR community that is growing fast.  It is mostly supported by the Air Force with very few private companies doing business here.  It appears that there is a concentration in LiDAR expertise (and data) here in Concepcion and I will have to look further into this.  There is even a meeting this November that would be interesting to attend.

I am impressed with the blog for Geográfica Chilena (based out of Concepcion, led by Kurt Castro) as they seem to have a set of good writers and active topics that are of interest to me.  I am still learning about Chile and this is a good place to start.

From the blog, I was also able to learn that there are Science Cafes held locally and I will have to make it a habit to attend and maybe participate in one.  We hold similar events in Idaho and I always learn something new.